In this exercise,
I installed GNU Rush which is a Restricted User Shell, designed for sites providing limited remote access to their resources.
GNU Rush allows to run remote programs in chrooted environments hence tightening the security when offering access to services like sftp-server etc.
I followed the following steps:
- Downloaded GNU Rush from http://www.gnu.org.ua/software/rush/download.html
- Extracted the package: tar xvzf rush-1.7.tar.gz
- Changed the working directory to rush-1.7 : cd rush-1.7/
- Used configure script to generate makefiles before compilation of the software: ./configure
- Used make script to compile the software: ./make
- Used “make install” to install the software: ./make install
The software got installed with ease and without any problems.